Background

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ol' Pokey

One of the funniest things my Grandma used to call me was Ol' Pokey, a nickname I earned from taking forever to make my move in games of chicken foot. Well I've been pokier than usual getting a post up this time, because 1) I've been working on the girls' scrapbooks at long last, and 2) I got a new phone and somehow, in spite of iCloud, lost a ton of pictures I had been saving up on my old one. Argh. 

A note on the scrapbook thing: I've been absolutely overwhelmed all over again with the love of so many in our lives and especially with the power of God's answered prayers in these girls' lives. Reading back on cards that have become like treasures to us, I'm reminded of how many people were praying that God would take care of these girls. And He still is. I keep thinking of Philippians 4:19-20: "And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen." Indeed!

And please do keep those prayers coming. Tamsie goes for her next kidney ultrasound and doctor's appointment tomorrow, and we are praying for good news! I'll keep you posted. I truly dread these appointments, as she screams all the way through the ultrasound. Even though it doesn't hurt, it terrifies her. I'll just be so glad when she overcomes this whole thing so we don't have to keep putting her through this. And thanks again for the prayers. :)

On that note, my Aunt Lauren was recently telling me about something that jumped out at her in Philippians 4:6: "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." When you're focused on what you're thankful for, you're very keenly aware of how God has come through for you in the past -- which then makes it easier not to be anxious this time, you know? The timing of this scrapbook project has really come in handy in helping me to focus on how faithful God has been to us to get us to where we are now. And then the next verse says, "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." This is certainly a timely reminder to me, as it is so easy to become filled with anxiety leading up to each of these appointments!

On with the pictures:

TPV, making a silly face

Sleepy TPV

Saturday we took the girls to the Little Gym, and we all had so much fun! E was particularly good at hanging from the high bar, and T was amazing on the balance beam! We might have future gymnasts on our hands... who knows?!

I let them play together in the living room while I accomplished some projects in the kitchen, and when I went to check on them, this is what I found: T and E side by side, with toys absolutely everywhere! The Twin Household Takeover of 2013 is well underway!

Melissa came over for a Bachelor Blooper spectacular Tuesday night, and I managed to get this picture of her getting  a picture of the girls. They are, by the way, crazy about Aunt Mo!

This picture is all kinds of wonderful. Here's why:
1) Mom has stopped by to visit for a minute on her way home from work.
2) E, whose yellow bow was temporarily lost, is settling for a huge yellow headband she had selected to wear.
3) E is so very engrossed in this project. She loves to build a tower on her own, but once it gets too tall for her, she will hand you one block at a time and say, "Up top!" At that point, she kind of becomes the foreman at the site of construction. Also, ever since she was a little bitty thing, I have always laughed about how she can look at you in a way that makes you feel like you're being taken far more seriously than any single individual has ever taken you before. That look is on full display here.

And here.

And here.

Why play with one rolly thing when you can play with two at once?

Back to Evie the Builder...

Apparently block towers look best when topped with colorful scarves. Notice the hand steadying the entire masterpiece. And also the jingle socks, which they insist on wearing around the house as often as possible.

T, her daddy and her watermelon teether. Poor soul has been teething lately, and she also managed to bruise the top of her nose pretty intensely while playing at church on Sunday. 

Picnic at the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment