Background

Friday, May 11, 2012

My Little Twincesses

If you're coming over from Kelly's blog, welcome! My blog is still pretty new, so here's my story really quick: On October 12 last year, my husband Chris and I became parents to two beautiful identical twin girls, Tamsie Pearl and Evangelyn Rose. I wasn't supposed to have them until December 24, but due to a rapid onset of Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome, they made their debut super early.
Us at my Grandma's house, in a somewhat sleep-deprived state!
The first eight weeks of their lives revolved around NICU life. Now that they're home, they're healthy and happy - but life is certainly not without its struggles! Through it all, I'm constantly reminded of how profoundly blessed I am to have them in my life, and I pray every day that God will fashion me to be the Mom these girls need me to be. You also need to understand I knew nothing whatsoever about babies before having them, so the learning curve is high!
Evie on the left and Tamsie on the right - both of these photos taken by Melissa McMasters
Here is the story of their birth, in several parts:
Part 1: The BABIES are OK!!
Part 2: The First Trimester
Part 3: Second Trimester and Feeling "Swell"
Part 4: Third Trimester, Ready or Not - Emphasis on Not!!
Part 5: And Now, the Rest of the Story!
Two years ago, Chris and I moved from Memphis to Louisville to attend The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. We have absolutely loved our time here, but things are certainly hard with no family nearby! Thank goodness God's grace is sufficient to get us through each day.
Have fun looking around the blog! :)

11 comments:

  1. They are DOLLS! So sweet :) Found you on Kelly's Korner..feel free to follow me as well!
    www.BeingBorquez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I am loving your blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Found you on Kelly's Korner - I actually live in Collierville... small world. I have a two year old son and an 8 month old daughter. Your girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love Collierville! My aunt, uncle and cousin live there. Loving your blog too! :)

      Delete
  3. visiting from kelly's korner. your girls are so sweet. my twin daughters passed away from a rapid onset of TTTS- so it's great that yours were able to survive. :-) peace and blessings. xoxo, erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So heartbroken to hear about the loss of your girls. It's crazy how common TTTS is - I had no idea until I went through my ordeal, and now I keep hearing more and more about it. Thanks for your sweet words.

      Delete
  4. I am a new mom of twin girls (fraternal) who are 9 months. Your girls are beautiful. Do you ever get them mixed up?

    Follow us at preemietwinsandme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Another mom of preemie twins!! :) Your girls are gorgeous too! To me, my girls look pretty different - even though I can tell they're identical - probably because I look at them all the time! If all else fails, I can check their ears, because one of Evie's is a little wrinkly. I'm sure they will play plenty of tricks on everyone once they get older though!

      Delete
  5. seriously...your family is so cute, and your girls...melted my heart!! I have twin girls, Grace & Faith, who were also born way too early. They were actually born 2 days apart at 23 weeks 5 days & 24 weeks even.
    How are your girls doing post NICU?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK so I had to go and check out your story.... AMAZING. God is good, isn't He? Post-NICU my girls are doing very well. The main issue we're dealing with right now is a feeding aversion that appeared about 3 months ago out of the clear blue and has been getting worse and worse. Not cool. Did your girls ever go through anything like that? We are currently dreading their feedings, but the way I look at it, it's a consequence of the feeding tube... but the feeding tubes saved their lives, so really it's a small price to pay. :)

      Delete
  6. Found your blog from Kelly's! Your girls are just precious!

    ReplyDelete