Background

Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Update: Oh So Busy Edition

This weekend turned out to be one of those that's so busy it just calls for a weekend recap. But first, here are some pictures from our past week:
Tamsie's checking out her future fellow OBU Tigers in the Ouachita Circle that came in the mail.

Sweet E smile

T and her bottle of milk from her grocery toys. I'm asked approximately 40 times a day either to open or close this thing for one or the other of them! :)

Missing the point of the corn popper....

Thursday night a friend from my discipleship group had an adoption fundraiser at Chic-fil-A, and the girls were more than happy to go do their part to help out! They LOVED Chic for the first time ever! Success all around, I say!
Same expression
E is wondering where her ice cream is!
FRIDAY:
* We met up with Carissa, Roy and Cliff to go to the Germantown Charity Horse Show, which was tons of fun! We couldn't believe that it had been a whole year since this picture was taken at the babies' first horse show: 
L to R: Evie, Tamsie, Cliff
and this picture too:
A better picture of Cliff from last year :)
When it comes to babies, what a difference a year makes! Carissa and I tried to get a picture of Evie and Cliff (Tamsie was with Roy and Chris) on a tractor at the horse show, but alas. They are two wiggly worms, so these outtakes are the only photographic evidence I have of our time at the horse show this year. But you know, this encapsulates what life is like with them right now, so I'm OK with that! You should also know that Cliff was steering like a wild man, and Evie was heartbroken that I wasn't holding her at the moment.





Just imagine how different our pictures from next year's show will be, with 2-year-old babies! Oh how we love special times and shared memories with Roy, Carissa and Cliff! 

SATURDAY:
* We started off the morning with a visit to Overton Park for their Day of Merrymaking festivities, where none other than Melissa, AKA Aunt Mo, was working the photo booth! Naturally, the girls had to pose:

 While there, we had some truly delish items from those magical food truck things I keep hearing about but had never before experienced. Now I see what the fuss is all about! Yum! However, T and E weren't too sure about the mac and cheese we got them... I'm guessing because it was homemade and not from a box? Sad, is it not? Well they got home just in time for a nap, and when they woke up, guess who came to visit!

It's Cousin Chris!!! The girls are rather obsessed with him. He stayed with my parents for the weekend (after driving to their house for the second time ever -- licensed now, y'all!!) while his parents were out of town, so of course he came by our house for a visit. Here Tamsie is telling him all about the wonders of escalators, which entrance them just about as much as fabulous food truck fare is currently entrancing their mom. Which is to say they love them. Tamsie also brought him all manner of random toys, including her toy turkey (from her grocery basket, of course), which amused Cousin Chris to no end! Also, at one point early on, she pointed to Evie and said, "That's Evie!" -- as if to let Chris know who she was. Because I'm sure he was wondering and all. ;)
 * Later Saturday afternoon we went to Sara's parents' house for her surprise 30 and Flirty birthday bash thrown by her sister Jessica and her husband Matt! It was SO much fun!!!
I may or may not have reminded her that I'm still in my twenties.
Yeah, I know, for less than two more weeks. But still!
SUNDAY
* We went to church and then stayed late to decorate for VBS. The girls went to church with my parents, which they have been doing for a couple of weeks now in order to make it through the rest of the day without turning into wooly bears. (The parents get out of church way earlier than we do, which means they can be blissfully in nap mode by the time we get home! Double win! Otherwise, they refuse to nap, which, believe it or not, is not as much fun as it sounds.) Then we had to leave early from decorating so that we could make it to...
* My friend Kimberly's bridal shower!! Kimberly is one of a very, very special group of girls that I used to teach in Sunday School. I had them for the vast majority of their time in high school, and I can't even begin to describe how much I love each of them. They have grown to become beautiful and godly young women, and it is just such a blessing for me to watch His plans for their lives unfold! God used my time with them to help me realize my passion for ministry -- which is how I wound up in seminary, studying women's ministry! AHH I'm gonna cry just thinking of it all!

Well, I'll leave you on a funny and not teary note this time, but first I have to give you the background behind this video. As I noted above, the girls love to bring me play bottles of water and milk to open and close. They also love to sing their ABCs as best as they can. Well, here is Tamsie starting off the ABC song, and then Evie takes it over and gets pretty far until she surprises herself by opening the bottle all by herself -- and then she stops singing the song and starts running around saying, "I did it! I did it!" I love these silly girls.
* Sure, E randomly skips over some letters to get to the good part of the song, but she gets bonus points for her pronunciation of "R": "arr-uh." Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment