Background

Friday, June 21, 2013

Quick update

So things have been rather busy around here, as I had mentioned they would be. This post is so late in coming, mainly because I have been using my naptime breaks to actually take a break! Imagine that! Since I am quite determined to get this post up before I turn 30 (how's that for a goal?), I'm just going to post what I have with some captions! I'm hoping to post something a little more substantial later, but this will work for now -- just to empty the pictures off my phone, if nothing else! :)

Proof that great twin minds, while very different, can still think alike: We had taken them out to eat and were giving them kiwi bites to keep them happy until their meal came. At some point I noticed that E had picked up each bite and put it in her drink holder... 

... and then I looked over and realized T had done the same thing with hers! 

Enjoying a nice meal al fresco. Once again, many of the pictures I have these days are of them in high chairs, simply because that's the only time they sit still enough for a picture. Please observe how eerily similar T's face looks in this one...
... to her daddy's face in this one! I posted this picture on Facebook in honor of our 5th wedding anniversary on the 14th. While we had dreams of going somewhere exotic and magical for our 5th, we just couldn't handle the thought of leaving the girls behind just yet. (And let's be honest -- it's probably safe to say our bank account couldn't handle it either.) But regardless, we had a lovely dinner at Pasta Italia to celebrate five wonderful years! I am so blessed to be this man's wife!

VBS was last week, and it was a blast, as we knew it would be! The girls had a disastrous first day, as their little schedules were thrown off entirely, but I left a little early each day the rest of the week, and everything was just fine. The hardest part was keeping them awake on the way home, because if they get any sleep at all in the car, they just go ahead and count that as their nap for the day. Other than that, it was wonderful! I worked with some precious 1st graders and a terrific group of leaders.

Out running errands last weekend. You know this kind of thing has to present all sorts of confusion to a mirror-image twin.

Tamsie was very fascinated by the whole thing.

And here is one of the many reasons we love Costco: twin baby seating arrangements in the carts!

Somebody was ready to go home though.
Actually I think she was playing peekaboo, but they both look pretty tired and run-down at this point in our shopping excursion.

I think Chris had a good Father's Day, as did my own Dad. Sadly, this is one of the few pictures I took on Sunday.
I'm still terrified to cut the girls' nails, so I'm glad Chris doesn't mind it! 

Sisters holding hands

Tamsie is now holding her Daddy's hand. They are such Daddy's girls!

E's face here = classic!

The wagon is a huge hit these days. This was actually my old wagon!

Of course my girls would have a Pantone Colors book.

I love all the swatches that go along with each color!

This book is really helping them learn their colors. Before we got it, if you asked E what color something was, she'd just say pink! Now she's at least getting it right a little more often! :)

April came to visit this past week! She is one of my dear Sunday School girls from back in the day who are now all grown up!

Out for a walk/wagon ride

Any time I turn my back these days, T has climbed onto something random. Better this than the top of the bookshelf downstairs, which is where I found her while I was washing dishes last week!

Uncle Alex came to visit. The girls are obsessed, and they haven't stopped randomly saying "Uncle Alex!" ever since.
Today Mom took off work to get my 30th birthday started right! We met up with Gigi and took the girls to La Baguette for a delicious lunch (where they were far more interested in my lunch than the one I ordered for them!). They were a constant blur of 20-month-old activity, so this is the best picture I was able to get. 
ARGH I must be getting old because it's not even 11 and I'm not even sure I'll be able to stay up to ring in my 30th year! Goodnight, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment