Background

Monday, September 2, 2013

Let's get a little bit rambly!

Well it seems that college football around our house has officially started for the year. Today is Noles Day, and we all know that while I'll support it as far as it goes, I really don't have the attention span to watch it. However, I DO seem to possess the attention span to blog and to wage endless losing battles trying to get Blogger to do what I want it to do, so I figured this would be a primo opportunity to share our latest round of pictures!

** Also, before you read any further / in case you don't read any further, PLEASE pray for Tamsie! (This gives a little background on her kidney issues in case you have no idea what I'm talking about.) We take her for her BIG tests on Wednesday. These are the ones that involve IVs and catheterization, so they are NEVER fun. In fact, Chris takes her to that appointment each time while I stay home with Evie, because I just can't handle it. Friday we meet with the doctor for the results, and the doctor has asked that Chris come too this time because she expects us to set a surgery date. We're praying that she sees enough improvement that T may not need surgery! THAT would be amazing, but we know we sure need a lot of prayer for the little girl regardless of the outcome! After all, I know neither she nor her sister would be anywhere near where they are today without lots and lots of prayer! Thanks so much!!! **

We've been working more and more on potty-training issues lately, so one day this week I put the girls in their Future OBU Tiger shirts as a reminder to me that potty training will occur eventually. By the time they go off to college, this particular aspect of their childhoods will be a distant memory! ;)

Naptime Evie all cuddled up with her Wubbies and blankies. I thought she looked especially precious with her lambie tucked under her arm!

And for good measure, here's Tamsie in her classic daytime napping pose.

We met our friend Bethany and her twinnies Penny and Lydia at the mall this week! This family is extra special to us. I love that Tamsie inadvertently showed up matching them!

I'm so excited to watch their friendships grow through the years. I think they'll always have a special bond, not only because they are twins and NICU grads, but also because they're all such little miracles.

Tamsie loves the slide at the mall! (So does E, but T was the only one I could get a non-blurry picture of at the time!)

Saturday my mom and I took them back to the mall again, since it happens to be their favorite place and it was too hot to do anything else. She has slipped into full-fledged Grandma mode, y'all. I don't know how it has happened. We passed through the Disney store and she couldn't resist getting them an enormous Mickey and Minnie, which they then proudly toted all through the mall. We also went up and down nearly every escalator we passed, which, as you can imagine, thrilled the girls to no end.

Yesterday the girls were excited to have their man Cole (and prospective future husband for one/bro-in-law for the other) over for a swim date! We also loved getting a chance to visit with Justin and Ashley.

You should know I always feel inadequate posting pictures of Cole since his parents are professional photographers, but this little guy is just so cute I can't help it! Just look at those dark eyelashes!


Now because I come close to breaking the Internet (yes, the whole thing) whenever I try to get Blogger to put a caption on the next picture, I'll just have to mess you up by captioning it before you see it. Here are T and E in their FSU finery today compliments of Uncle Alex, ready for the season to start!

And here's an outtake taken by Chris. T was in the act of falling off the toy box, and E appears to be rolling her eyes at her silly sister.
We spent the afternoon post-nap at my Uncle Myron and Aunt Lauren's. Here's my Dad showing the girls one of their favorite Sesame Street videos on YouTube:

When we got back home, the girls watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while they  cuddled with Chris, who cheered on (literally, as you can see) the Noles at the same time.

The intensity of it all was almost more than I could handle, especially since I already find myself singing a constant stream of "M-I-C-K-E-Y" and "The Hot Dog Song" ever since their MMC obsession began. So off I went to their room, so I could snap a picture of their new little shelves we've been working on. And this is where the rambling beings. This picture features a collection of various teacups and pitchers that belonged to either my Grandma or my Meemaw, along with some of my Grandma's old pearl necklaces:

 Here's my attempt to show how it adds to that area of their room:

This is one of my favorite things in our entire house. It's my Meemaw's old teacup souvenir from the Memphis Zoo back when its entrance looked like this:

This little doll belonged to my Aunt Lauren ages ago:

and here is the wreath I ordered from Etsy for the girls' first birthday party:

Then I got carried away and started taking more pictures, like this one of their bird garland:

 and the chandelier all lit up:

and their lamp and the shadow box with the bonnet my Great-Grandma Pearl made for my Grandma when she was a baby:

then Evie's E, made by Jana

and Tamsie's T, also made by Jana:

and this owl photo made by my friend Tiffany

with the e and the t:

and I started getting all mushy and gushy and sentimental like I do and thought of my T:

and my E and how little they were when they watched their first Noles game last year:


And that got me thinking of nursery pictures Melissa took back when she visited us in Louisville in January 2012 and how she takes better pictures of their nursery than I ever could:


 and especially how far ALL of us have come since WAY back then:

and I can't help but think of how incredibly faithful God has been through it all. Then I remember that it's OK to cast my cares on Him, because He really does care for me. And for my girls. And for Chris. And for Tamsie's kidney issue. And that He's got this. 
Sunday we sang "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" in church. I was mindlessly singing the following lyrics:
What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.
Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do your friends despise, forsake you? Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield you; you will find a solace there.
Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised Thou wilt all our burdens bear
May we ever, Lord, be bringing all to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright unclouded there will be no need for prayer
Rapture, praise and endless worship will be our sweet portion there.

Somewhere in the middle of all that, I looked over at Chris and said, "I have such a heavy heart today because of what Tamsie will have to go through this week." Just the thought of being back in the hospital with her takes me to a place of PTSD where no parent ever wants to go. Then he asked me if I was even listening to the lyrics of the hymn! :) I guess I wasn't! Then the tears started flowing. 

Thanks again for all your prayers for us! This is a week I've been dreading for a while, but it will be good to know what the doctor has to say. If you've made it this far, know that we love you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment