Background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

15 Ways My Life Has Changed Since Becoming a Mom

I can't really quantify how my life has changed since having the girls. It pretty much resembles nothing of my life pre-T&E. However, I thought it would be fun to think of 15 specific ways it has changed since October 12, 2011, and I'm also including pictures from the rest of our weekend in Memphis!
Melissa took this gorgeous picture of the girls in their Easter dresses at their Grandma's request. (Evie on the left, Tamsie on the right, for those keeping track).
1. I can carry on semi-intelligent conversations with other moms on such topics as crying it out vs. not, NICU life, diapers that work vs. those that don't, swaddling, daytime activities, and Sophie la Girafe.

Visiting my mom at work on Friday
 2. I now know the difference between a crib and a cradle. YES!!

Playtime at Grandma and Grandpa's! That's my mom's old baby blanket they're playing on.
 3. I can also change diapers now. DOUBLE YES!! (I'd say I'm pretty good at it too. I've had lots of practice in the last 6.5 months, after all!)

Funny faces! I'm surprised Evie isn't chewing on her bow in this picture. 
4. I have learned to appreciate the value of a good solid three hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Laughing!
5. I have also gained a greater appreciation of Chris's abilities to seek out and find free stuff and other good deals. The man has crazy good skills in this area!

Evie taking a nap in Grandma's arms means that Grandma's not going anywhere for a while! She's stuck until Evie wakes up again!
 6. I can dress and undress a squirmy baby. These processes used to mystify me.

YaYa and Tamsie, who is being photographed by her Uncle Noah while chewing on a napkin at Sekisui. She's a regular celebrity these days.
 7. "Sleeping in" means sleeping til 8:30 at the latest. I can also be wide awake at 4 am if the situation calls for it.
Tamsie and Herbie
 8. Piggybacking on my last point, coffee has become as essential as water to daily survival. In fact, I think I could use another cup to finish out my last 7 points....

YaYa and Tamsie, who is wearing her cute I Heart Shoes top that Jennifer W. gave her. Right now, it's OK when she decimates an outfit, because that just means we get to dress her up in another cute one! Check out those cute monogrammed shoes from her YaYa and Herbie!
 9. I have memorized the words to such books as Hop on Pop, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Goodnight Moon and Pat the Bunny.

Uncle Noah and Tamsie, who has the tag from her wubbanub in her face, in case you're curious
10. I don't leave the house to go to work anymore, but my job is more demanding (and rewarding) than ever. I genuinely feel like this is the job I was created for!

Gigi and Evie
11. I have gained an even greater realization of how selfish I can be - and an even greater desire to overcome it.

Gigi and Tamsie
12. I've said "I'll be right back - let me go get your sister!" more times than I can count. Per day.

Tamsie is our budding hairstylist, as she demonstrates on Grandpa.
13. I've become one of those moms on Facebook who's probably guilty of photo-bombing your homepage with cute baby pics. I'm sorry. I can't help myself. They're cute!!

The girls and their Grandma. Tamsie was one tired goat when we took this picture!
14. I've been astonished at how much love I can have for two tiny little babies.

Evie on the way back to Louisville
15. I've never felt more blessed in my life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment