Background

Monday, May 21, 2012

Last Weekend in Louisville

After living here for about two and a half years, it's so hard to believe that this past weekend was our last in the 'Ville. We celebrated by spending time with some dear friends who have been given the strictest of orders to come visit us as soon as we get all settled in!

Saturday morning, we cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned some more for our very first house showing - so exciting!! Then we picked up our friends Kristen and Anthony and went to Huber's, the farm in Indiana where I was walking around like a swollen whale out of water three days before having the girls! Needless to say, I felt MUCH better during my trip to Huber's this time around! :) Had I any sense, I would have taken pictures while there, but I was too overwhelmed with catching up with our buddies, eating, trying to get Chris to purchase as many strawberries as possible, picking out which baked yumminess I would take home with me, and keeping up with T and E to do much else.

Saturday night, all of us headed over to Melissa and Philip's, where we also got to see Ben and Vickie. The chili was fabulous, and the company was divine. I tear up when I think of how much I'm going to miss these sweet friends. They have truly been my family-away-from-family. 

Yesterday, we went to church and were able to say goodbye to our adult Bible fellowship class. This is definitely the tough part of moving!! We have been so blessed by so many people in that class. After we went home and fed the girls, Chris went and watched soccer with some buddies from church, and I stayed home with the girls so they could nap. I was so sad I didn't get to go see everyone, but the girls were basically giving me a clear ultimatum at that point: either we nap, or ELSE!! Once he got home, we went by Heine Brothers (it's my personal goal to see how many trips to Heine Brothers I can cram in during my last week here), and then to see his co-worker's daughter Sydney perform in her church play. She made us a special invitation to come see her, and we are so glad we did. 

This week will be a week of doctor's appointments and tying up random loose ends. Today we're taking the girls to the neonatologist for their check-up, and tomorrow we'll see the speech pathologist, who should be able to offer us some help in dealing with their feeding issues. I'm kind of nervous about taking the girls away from the doctors they've been working with here, but I'm sure we'll be able to find equally amazing ones in Memphis. Here are some pictures from the past few days:
Tamsie in a good mood, as usual
She's got her daddy's mouth!
Can you kinda see what I mean? I'm having a hard time finding one of Chris with that exact expression, but you get the idea...
Evangelyn and her mohawk. She is so hardcore!
When they eat solids, they like to demonstrate how they have their own unique little personalities:
Evie pretty much always looks like this the whole time. That girl is sooo messy! She blows her food everywhere and smears it everywhere else. By the time she's done, it's on her nose, in her hair, all over her legs.... You'd never guess it, but feeding her is a lot like how it must be to feed the Beast from Beauty and the Beast! Out of control!!!
Tamsie, on the other hand, is very neat... or at least neat for a baby! When she gets food anywhere outside where it ought to be, she rakes it into her mouth with her fingers and then licks them clean. The manners still leave a little to be desired, but it's still pretty impressive.
She even wipes her face with her bib! Of course, her motive is to waste zero morsels of food... but hey! It's a step in the right direction! 
Evangelyn in her dress from Jenny, who should be having a baby of her own any day now!
Evie's actually looking up at Tamsie, who was in her crib when I took this photo.
And here is TPV herself!
And ERV! Can you tell them apart? It's like one of those puzzles where you have to spot the differences between the two pictures! ;)
At their first play, watching Sydney perform at her church last night
THIS was awesome. Never before have I seen a church with a cry room, but this is how we were able to watch the play last night. We sat in gliders and held the girls when they felt like being particularly vocal - and it was so liberating knowing that no one else could hear them! :)
So our weekend on the whole was full of lasts and very bittersweet, but also very special! We will miss our Louisville friends so much, but we're looking forward to introducing them to Memphis sometime soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment