Background

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy 17-Month Birthday, T and E!!!

Tamsie on the left and Evie on the right. I mean, you can't NOT dress them like this sometimes, you know! :)
Dear Tamsie and Evangelyn,

Girls, you are such joys. With losing my Grandma, plus battling various sicknesses with y'all and with me too, this past month has been pretty rough for your mom, but both of you have brightened my every day just by being you!
Tamsie Pearl, taken by Melissa. She refused to put up with any hair accessory this time... shocker, I know!
 Before we go any further, you should know that the only reliable method of getting you to sit still for a picture is to give you a book. When we neglect to do so, you find a book of your own accord and start reading it. If I thought it was hard to get pictures of you in previous months, I had no idea what you'd be like now - ha! :) You see, even once you have a book, you're never content to stay with the one you have very long before you're off looking for another one! Out of control, y'all!
Evangelyn Rose, taken by Melissa
 * You are both incredibly affectionate. You LOVE hugs and kisses!

And we wonder why Tamsie appears to have a stomach bug right now.
 * You are repeating just about EVERYTHING we say! For example, yesterday I was on the phone, and I said, "Yes." E then proceeded to run all around the playroom saying, "Yes!"


* You're following more and more commands. If we tell you to reach your arms up, you do. If we say "roll-a-baby," both of you drop to the ground and start rolling all around. It's hilarious! However, if we tell you to come here, BOTH of you smile and run the other way. I'm really not sure how to proceed.

* You are SO playful and SO busy! Anyone who keeps you (and you know that's a very small, elite list) tells me how very busy you are. You love chasing and being chased. When you chase me, sometimes I'll sit down before you catch me, and both of you love falling into my arms, often piling on top of each other, and giggling.

* You're playing with each other more and becoming more interactive with each other. You used to just sit next to each other and play with your own toys, but now you actively play together. This results in much giggling, but also many tears, as you inevitably take things too far and wind up stealing from each other or accidentally hurting each other!

* You also talk to each other more, which makes car rides more fun than ever! Sometimes we'll have to turn the music down just to hear what you're saying, because we don't want to miss it. You also sing lots and lots, and if we don't have music on in the car (AKA if your Dad is insisting on listening to sports radio - ha!) then you just provide your own music!

* You continue to learn new words all the time, and I do mean ALL the time, which is so much fun! There are so many that I can't even list them all. You've also started to say "Mommy" and "Daddy" very clearly, which just melts our little hearts every time.

* I don't give you much to climb on (sorry), but you climb on whatever's available.

* You love your huge Lego-like blocks. Not only do you tear things down, but you have also started building things with them.

* You're starting to share with each other, although that is certainly not your forte. At least we're seeing a few encouraging signs in that direction here and there.

* You currently have some sort of stomach bug... NOT FUN. This is a first, and I am not a fan of it! But other than that, you really are fun right now -- more fun than ever!! :)

* STATS: 3 meals a day, at least 2 snacks (sometimes more), size 3 diapers, size 9-12 month clothes, not sure what you weigh but I'm guessing around 19 lbs (you have camped out there for a while now!), still generally taking 2 naps a day but sometimes only 1, sleeping from about 8:15 at night until 7:30 or 8 in the morning. Daylight savings time has been much rougher on me than on y'all -- you (generally) go down like champs, but it takes me an hour to fall asleep now!

* Favorite book: Go, Dog. Go!

Girls, I love you more than you know. I feel like there's a ton of really important things about life with you right now that I'm leaving off this list, but you just grow and change so much and it all happens so gradually that it's getting harder and harder to come up with a list like this! I'm forever thankful that the Lord has brought you into our lives. You really are "fearfully and wonderfully made!" :)

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment