Background

Sunday, August 11, 2013

30 for 30: 25-30

The time has come to wrap up my 30 for 30 so I can move on to other such topics as my favorite products for toddler twinsies, which is the next series I'm planning to post on here!

25. Appreciate the moment you're in, even though it will never be perfect. Someday you'll look back on it and miss it. Rather than focusing on what's not perfect about it, focus instead on what you're loving, and be grateful for that. This is something I have to remind my recovering-perfectionist self sometimes!

26. Be trustworthy. Keep secrets secret. This is a characteristic to value in others too! People who divulge others' secrets to you aren't likely to keep yours either.

27. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to eat it. Just because it's on clearance doesn't mean you have to buy it. Self-control, baby. I always need more of this in my life!

28. You can always apologize for the words you say, but you can never take them back once they've been said. That's why it's so important to weigh your words, think carefully before you speak and build people up rather than tearing them down.

29. Go to church even if you don't feel like it.

30. You're younger than you think you are. And you certainly don't know everything. It's OK to not have all the answers, and it's OK to say "I don't know."

Whew! I hope these made sense. At least they did in my crazy old head as I was typing them out! 

On to pictures! I mainly have videos on my camera right now, which tend to take forever to upload into Blogger, so that's why I have so few pictures this time.
Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Tyler dropped by for a visit last weekend! All four of us love getting to hang out with them!  She's wearing a dress-up hat and scarf that belong to the girls, FYI - just in case you were curious! ha!

My silly girls are starting to look so much older... what's happening?! Here they are holding some toys from our dear friends Jennifer, Brian and Pierce!

We met up with Cliff and Carissa at story time at Barnes & Noble Saturday morning. Then we reconvened at Chick-fil-A, which wound up being a bit disastrous for the girls since it was so close to their nap time by then. At least we survived, and Carissa reassured us they weren't nearly as loud as I thought they were! :)
Over the past week or so, I've gotten a wild hair and decided to start doing some low-pressure two-year-old preschool work with the girls at home, just for fun! I'm weighing a few different curriculum options right now, so if anyone reading this has any insight on this topic, please feel free to share.

Hope your week is already off to a wonderful start! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment