Background

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Fraser!

Last Sunday, Chris's sister Jennifer married her high-school sweetheart, Tyler! It was a fabulous day from start to finish. 

We realized Sunday morning that this would be the first day EVER that both T and E have been out of the house for an entire day, from morning until bedtime, so it took us an eternity to pack all their stuff up accordingly! Consequently, we missed out on Sunday School, but we made it to church and then to my Grandma's house for lunch.

Tamsie moseying around in her Great-Grandma's living room. By the way, all pictures were, of course, taken with the iPhone, since I couldn't ever get around to getting my actual camera ready. It's kind of hard to leave T and E long enough to go hunt it down when the occasion calls for it these days, if I'm not thinking enough in advance! :(

Granddaddy and Tamsie time

Same expression, looking in opposite directions!

Tamsie's big cheesy smile that she flashes on occasion! I think she was saying, "Mama," which, of course, melts my little heart every time. Seriously.

Chris totes Evie around to admire her Great-Grandma's Christmas decor...

... and then attacks her with kisses.

Between T and E, E is definitely...

...the...

... squirmier!

So much that she eventually winds up like this on her Daddy's shoulders!

And she seems pretty happy about it too -- she's clapping her hands! Chris says she usually does that once she's up there.
When we left Grandma's house, we stopped by Starbuck's (of course), and then it was on to the wedding, which was held at the Robinson Gallery downtown.
Dr. Morris, who founded the Church Health Center, where I used to work, was the minister who officiated the wedding. Tyler also worked as a Clinic Assistant at the CHC before he started med school. Herbie gave the bride away.

Vows

The first dance at the reception, which was held upstairs at the gallery

Chris danced with Tamsie as soon as the dance floor opened up!

They were so cute!

My dad brought Evie out there to join in the fun!

I kept double-checking with Jennifer to make absolutely sure that she wanted the girls there that day, and she made it clear that she truly did! They did GREAT! They missed part of the ceremony, because they wanted to start chatting whenever it would get quiet, but other than that, they were amazing little troopers.

Dancing the night away... but those shoes weren't making it easy!



E sure does love her daddy!

She also loves his tie.

With my dear old buddy and my sister-in-law's BFF, Melissa!! We go waaaaay back... so far back, in fact, that she and Jennifer once conspired to set Chris and me up on a date, but before they could get around to it, he had already found me on his own and asked me out! True story! :)

The cake perfectly matched her dress, and it was yummy, too!

She looked so incredibly glamorous!

Chris was so proud of his little sis.

I'm so proud to call her my sis-in-law!! I just love this girl.

The Vafs

Mom fed Evangelyn some cornbread bites, and she couldn't get enough of them!

She can also never get enough of her Grandma.

See what I mean?

Little twin sisters do strange things sometimes.

But it's all in love...

... I think.

Alex is such a wonderful uncle! Ladies, this guy is single, too! ;) (He's gonna kill me for saying that, but it's quite true!)
Settling in with YaYa

Cutting the cake

I was loving those shoes!!!

Evangelyn eventually partied as hard as she could....

... and Tamsie pooped out right about the same time.

The handsome groom!

Jennifer wanted to be sure and dance with her brothers! Unfortunately, Noah had already left for the evening, but here she is dancing with Alex...

... and Chris!
There is no photographic evidence of it here, but one of my favorite parts of the night was when a bunch of us girls got out on the floor with Jennifer and rocked out to some classic Spice Girls songs! Of course, I showed my age because I knew ALL the words... since I would have been 13 back at the peak of their career - ha! ;)

The evening was truly splendid, and I am so thrilled for my sister-in-law and new brother-in-law, who are off celebrating by honeymooning in NYC! I just love them, and it's so exciting to watch our family expand!

No comments:

Post a Comment